01 November 2006

In Hole and Still Digging

As John Kerry's Wednesday schedule began to, uh, lighten, as Democrats started to uninvite him to share a podium, he finally sort of apologized, but it was in the fashionalbe "sorry if YOU were offended" type:
I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.
Jezz, sorry we listened to the words you spoke and believed them to be what you meant. Clearly we won't make the same mistake in the future when you tell us other nonsensical crap. I don't doubt he botched a joke (pretty funny subject matter that Iraq mess). So he blew the punchline. Who among us hasn't? The difference is that when I get it wrong, I don't tell everyone else in the room that they're too stupid/jaded/biased to get what I meant to say. That takes some real arrogance.

No comments: