03 November 2008

"I'm Telling Everyone."

If you do it, you're a criminal. If I do the same thing, I'm saving the world.
(A) visiting instructor at St. Olaf, Philip Busse, confessed on The Huffington Post blog site to stealing several John McCain campaign yard signs along a rural stretch of Highway 19 in southern Minnesota. Over the summer, the highway had been "speckled” with yard signs for the Republican presidential nominee, Mr. Busse wrote. “By early October, however, there were no McCain-Palin campaign signs on the eastbound stretch of Highway 19. It wasn’t because loyalties had switched, but because I pulled them out.”
Is this guy seven years old or what?

Mr. Busse goes on to say that “yanking out the signs and running like a scared rabbit back to my idling car was one of the single-most exhilarating and empowering political acts that I have ever done.”
Oh yea, crime is okay as long as you believe it's 'political.' Maybe I could bloody his nose and he'd be fine with it solong as my motoves were political. Can you believe someone with such an immature and narrow perspective has a teaching position at a place charging $44K for tuition? Seems like the new-hire screening process is a bit lacking down there.
(A) St. Olaf spokesman is quoted, saying that Mr. Busse’s actions are “in direct conflict with the college’s values and mission, and we do not in any way condone them.’
Okay, then fire this clown. Why does everything on Earth so pathetically one-sided with some people?

UPDATE: From Oregon, drives a Subaru; what a shocker!

No comments: